Mask is a necessity for us, but it can cause damage to our skin if we don’t take care of ourselves properly and regularly.
Are you aware of the fact that the mask can cause acne and you can prevent or treat them very easily with some small steps and easy DIYs?
What is Maskne?
Acne occurs only in areas where the mask sits against the skin.
Why does it happen?
Maskne occurs when sweat, skin oils, and bacteria are trapped on the skin while wearing your mask. In healthy skin, there are normal amounts of bacteria and yeast that live there, but when pores become clogged because of excess sweat and moisture from the mask, these organisms overgrow, leading to pimples or acne – maskne.
In the summertime would more likely be due to clogged pores, whereas maskne in the winter can be from friction on the dry & delicate skin.
How to prevent Mask acne?
- 1. Wear right mask.
- Trendy and colorful masks are beautiful,but are they good for your skin?
- Pay attention to your mask and its fabric. Either use disposable masks or washable masks. Never wear dirty or unwashed masks it will make your acne worse.
2. Always moisturize
Moisturization can never go wrong, Winters bring dry, flaky and rough skin. Moisturizer soothes and hydrate skin and also work as a shield between the mask and your skin.
3. Don’t over exfoliate
Exfoliation or scrubbing is important to remove dirt, dead skin cells and to reduce the potential for clogged pores and acne breakouts, but exfoliating while having acne can cause major damage to your skin.
Hygiene is the key to stop acne, don’t forget to wash your face before and after using the mask and also always use fresh, clean and washed mask it is recommended to wash your mask with unscented soap or detergent.
5. Healthy eating
Your eating habits also have a great impact on your skin. Drinking green tea at least once a day can improve the level of antioxidants in your body. Try to include Vitamin-c in your diet, it will help to improve overall skin health and also boost your immunity.
5 ways to treat your mask-acne Naturally
- 1. Spot treatment with honey
- Honey has antibacterial properties which restrict the multiplication of bacteria and reduce the formation of acne.
- Its anti-inflammatory quality reduces the itchiness and redness.
- Take a spoon of honey and put dots of honey on your acne to reduce the growth of acne
- and its redness and inflammation.
2. Scar removal with Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar to cure acne and reduce the scars
- Mix 1 part apple cider vinegar and 3 parts water (use more water for sensitive skin).
- After cleansing, gently apply the mixture to the skin using a cotton ball.
- Let sit for 5–20 seconds, rinse with water and pat dry.
Repeat this process 1–2 times per day, as needed
3. DIY Cleanser for your skin
Milk and honey cleanser – milk and honey fight against dryness, acne and provide a natural glow.
1. Refreshing and better than chemical based cleanser
2. A great cleanser specially for winters
3. A natural moisturizer
4. Boon for acne prone skin
5. Suitable for every skin type
4. DIY natural scrub for removal of acne and spots
Coffee and honey scrub – exfoliation is important for skin, but using chemical scrub can cause irritation and long term effect.
- Improves blood circulation
- Gives the skin a more even tone look
- Prevent premature aging
- It exfoliates the dead skin cells
- This scrub also moisturizes after every scrub.
5. DIY Face-pack for Acne removal
3 tsp gram flour
2 tsp honey
Pinch of turmeric
Mix and apply wait for 10 minutes.
1) Natural moisturizer
2) Hydrates the skin
3) Reduces inflammation
4) Reduces acne
5) Removes the acne scars
– 1. Neem Honey ( click on the text to shop)
2. Apple cider vinegar (click on the text to shop)